- Why take this online course?
- How do I know if I am eligible to take this course?
- How long do I have to complete the course?
- When do I get my Certificate of Completion?
- How much does the course cost and how do I pay for it?
- Do I need any special computer system requirements or downloads to take the course?
- How do I register for this course?
- Do I need to use the same computer to complete the course?
- If I am already registered and have exited after completing only some of the sessions, how do I re-enter the course?
- What should I do if I can't remember the answer to one of my personal validation questions?
You are required to take this course because you have failed the learner's permit or renewal test three times, and you are now required by the DMV to take this 8-hour course to be eligible to retake the test.
The Virginia DMV has reviewed and Licensed this online course - and all ages are eligible. However, please be aware of the following:
- If you are under age 18 - Before enrolling into the Driver's Manual course, you must provide proof of having completed the classroom component of driver education (36 fifty-minute classroom sessions or a 30-hour online course). If you wish to take this online 8-hour Driver's Manual Course, please email us your proof of completion of your classroom drivers education course (DTS 36 or DEC-1) to . If you have any questions, email us or call us at .
- If you are age 18 or older - You must either take the classroom component of driver education (consisting of 36 fifty-minute classroom sessions) or complete an 8-Hour Driver's Manual course in the classroom or online.
You can complete the course at your own pace logging on and off as many times as necessary to complete the course.
Once you have successfully completed the course by passing the final exam online, we will email you a course completion certificate (DMV Form DTS CE).
The cost of the course is  . You will pay this fee using our secure payment processor. Once we have confirmed your payment receipt, your Certificate of Completion (DTS CE) will be emailed to you. We accept .
There are NO special system requirements or downloads necessary to take this online course.
1. To begin, return to our Home Page and click on the "Click Here to Register!" button on the left hand side of the page or on the "register" link in the center of that same page.
2. Select your course.
3. Fill out the Registration form.
4. Review the information and click on the "register" button.
5. The list of sections will appear. Click on the "start course" button to begin learning!
No; you can log-in, re-enter, and take the course using any computer with any type of Internet connection.
Simply go to our Home Page and in the "Re-Enter the Course" section on the left, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Birthday in the proper format (mm/dd/yy). Then hit the "login!" button to resume the course. Don't worry, our student progress monitoring feature will allow to pick up exactly where you left off.
Call us at or email us at for assistance, click on the Contact Us button at the top of this page for all of our contact information.